Hard candy makes everyone happy!
- Line a 15x10 pan with foil. Liberally coat foil with confectioners sugar.
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar. corn syrup and water. Cook and stir over high heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cook, without stirring, until candy thermometer reads 300°.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in extract and food coloring.
- Pour onto prepared pan. Do not scrape the pan or spread the mixture.
- Let cool until candy is almost set. Using a sharp knife, cut into smaller pieces and break apart. Store in airtight container.
- 1 cup Confectioners Sugar
- 3 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups light corn syrup
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons Real Spices Apple Extract
- food coloring, if desired